Why does God allow bad things to happen?
can I deal with it when they do?
One of the most common questions that people ask about God is why does he allow bad things to happen? This question is especially important to someone who is experiencing some kind of suffering or a major tragedy in their lives. We're not going to reinvent the wheel and restate what has already been eloquently explained by others. Instead, this page will be dedicated to provided links to other sites that answer this question from a variety of perspectives. Some of the links contain written text, and others contain audio sermons you can download and listen to on your computer and/or mp3 player. We hope that by putting these links on one page it will make it easier for you to find the information you're looking for, and that God will use these links to either answer your questions, and/or bring you comfort if that's what you're looking for. If you find other links that you think could be added here please feel free to e-mail them to us.
Sites you can read
- How did bad things come about?
- A biblical view of sin.
- Why does God allow innocent people to suffer?
- Why does God's creation include death and suffering?
- How could a loving God allow such terrible things to happen (like school shootings, hurricanes, etc.)?
- Does suffering prove there is no God and that we're on our own?
- If God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and loving, would He really create a world like this?
- Why does God allow terrorism?
- What about the Psalm 91 promises ("...no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent...")?
- Waves of sadness. Tsunami terror raises age-old questions.
- The problem of evil and human suffering (.pdf file).
- The problem of suffering.
- The significance of Jesus Christ's resurrection.
- Where was God when my daddy needed him most?
- Why us? The problem of evil.
- If God knows I'm hurting, why doesn't He help me?
- How can I be and feel forgiven?
- If God forgives me ever time I ask, why do I still feel so guilty?
- Am I good enough to go to Heaven?
- Answering angry anti-Christianity?